Monday, April 09, 2007

Bush nearly blows himself up - Oh the humanity!

At a demonstration of an Electric/Hydrogen hybrid car, Ford Motor Co. CEO Alan Mulally had to act fast to keep bright-eyed mischief maker George W Bush from toddling his way into third degree burns or death. Georgie figured the cool big hot wheels just needed some electricity in order to make it go vroom vroom and, well...

Ford wanted to give the Commander-in-Chief an actual demonstration of the innovative vehicle, so the automaker arranged for an electrical outlet to be installed on the South Lawn and ran a charging cord to the hybrid. However, as Mulally followed Bush out to the car, he noticed someone had left the cord lying at the rear of the vehicle, near the fuel tank.

"I just thought, 'Oh my goodness!' So, I started walking faster, and the President walked faster and he got to the cord before I did. I violated all the protocols. I touched the President. I grabbed his arm and I moved him up to the front," Mulally said. "I wanted the president to make sure he plugged into the electricity, not into the hydrogen This is all off the record, right?"

No comments:

Popular Posts