Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Stop Bullying in Canadian Schools

My friend DJ and some of his friends have turned the anguish and pain of the recent horrifying spate of bullying related suicides into a website resource to try to change things:  www.StopBullyinginCanadianSchools.com

It's early days, but they plan to expand it a lot.  I contributed a guest post.
My name is Cliff Hesby, I'm a writer with a lefty political disposition who's been active in politics and the trade union movement. I've been blogging for the last five years at www.rustyidols.blogspot.com.

I grew up in small town Alberta and like many visiting this site I have experienced bullying. I know the pain and fear and shame and sheer helpless rage.

When I was ten we were in a car crash that broke my mom's back, just after she had been offered a job in Vancouver in fact. Her new employer promised to wait for her and she stayed behind in Alberta for a year recovering while my brother and I moved in with our aunt and uncle in North Vancouver and started school...(Continued...)

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Kudos to you and your friends for making this effort.

If you don't mind some non-substantive criticism, the colour of the text on the home page is kind of hard on the eyes.

Cliff said...

Passed on the good words and the constructive criticism.

Popular Posts